Sunday, July 20, 2014

Endocrinologist Bloodtest Results, My Recent Diagnosis And My Treatment!

Bloodtest Results: Diagnosis PCOS
* Doctor used to come up with diagnosis

Cortisol Urinary Free
Undefined: 18
24hr:  24

Prolactin
12.3
Normal Levels: 4.8-23.3

FSH*
5.5

T3
116
Normal Levels: 71-180

T4 Free
1.35
Normal Levels: .82-1.77

Estradoil
38.4

LH*
9.3

Testosterone*
68
Normal Levels: 8-48

TSH
2.900
Normal Levels: 0.450-4.500

Thyroid Antibodies

Thyroglobulin, antibody- <1.0
Normal Levels: 0.0-0.9

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies- <6
Normal Levels: 0-34

Metanephrines Fractionated Plasma

metanephrine PI -21
Normal Levels: 0-62

Normetanephrine PI-34
Normal Levels: 0-145

Aldosterone Renin Activity Ratio
8.6
Normal Levels: 0.0-30.0

Renin Activity Plasma- .81
Aldos/Renin Ratio: 10.6
Normal Levels: 0.0-30.0

Progesterone
1.2

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin Serum*
16.6
Normal Levels: 24.6-122.0
Mine Was LOW

DHEA Sulfate*
508.4
Normal Levels: 110-431.7
Mine Was HIGH

DHEA Serum
589
Normal Levels: 31-701

Insulin Like Growth Factor 1
132
Normal Levels: 93-342

#PCOS

So According to my Endocrinlogist by looking at this bloodtest of my endocrine system, he says it looks as though i do have PCOS after all. By looking at my FSH and LH, he said usually they give a PCOS diagnosis when LH is double the FSH level, mine wasn't quite double, but it was really close, plus my DHEA sulfate was HIGH which makes your SHBG Low and then makes your Testosterone go up, When the Testosterone is Higher then it should it throws ovulation, menstruation and other bodily functions out of whack. He says my PCOS isn't that bad though and if i lose weight my numbers will more then likely go down. I don't have bad glucose numbers, but being that i am trying to conceive and the normal treatment for PCOS is birth control pills, instead of giving me that he gave me a prescription for Metformin 1000mg a day, 500 mg in the morning and 500mg at night. He said he doesn't need to see me again for another 6 months. Which I was kinda confused about...because he just gave me medication shouldn't i get the same bloodtest done in a month or so and see if it's helping my numbers go down???? But with the weight loss thing, I'm not too worried about that because I'm already on a low carb diet as it is and now with the added need to lose weight i'm going to add an extra day on my workout routine, I think the weight will start just coming off now with all these changes. I'm going to be even stricter with the carb intake and make sure i always get 3 days of exercise per week and limit my calories on top of that and with all those together along with the metformin helping my digestion of carbs I think it should be pretty easy. I will bring you along this weightloss journey with me and let you know how it goes. I already lost 15 Lbs within the past year on my own and now i'll update you bi-weekly on any weight changes :) Wish Me Luck! Hoping for a little baby this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment