Friday, June 13, 2014

Bloodwork Update! My bloodwork, My diagnosis so far and How I'm being treated.

So i went to a follow up appointment after i got my bloodwork done and it turns out I don't have hyperactive thyroid , but i have underactive thyroid, the receptionist over the phone told me the wrong thing. Which is fine, I'm just glad I know and below is my bloodtest results and How I'm going to fix the problems.

Here are my official numbers:

17-OH Progesterone LCMS- 64
Adult Female Normal Range:
Follicular(before ovulation) - 15-70
Luteal(after ovulation)- 35-290

Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy- 20.4
This was flagged as really low
Normal range: 30.0-100

Thyroxine(T4) free direct S- 1.25
Normal range: 0.82-1.77

TSH- 4.740
Flagged as High
Normal range: 0.450-4.5

Testosterone Serum- 73
Flagged as High
Normal Range- 8-48

Lipid Panel:

Cholesterol total: 175
Normal range: 100-189

HDL Cholesterol: 46
Normal Range: >39

LDL Cholesterol: 82
Normal Range:0-119

Triglycerides: 235
Flagged as High
Normal range: 0-114

VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 47
Flagged as High
Normal Range: 5-40

Recap of Results:

So after all those numbers the results mean I have low vitamin D, hypothyroidism, High testosterone but not high enough for medication ( they prescribe that once it's over twice the normal limit), and High triglycerides, but normal progesterone and normal HDL and LDL Cholesterol.

Treatments:

Right now I'm on 50,000 IU once a week Vitamin D to get my levels into the normal range and i have to go see an endocrinologist for my thyroid which i found out could be caused by my Mccune Albright Syndrome and I have to get more blood work done once i see that endocrinologist and I have to get an MRI on my Brain to make sure my pituitary gland isn't causing problems with my hormones and my thyroid. They will then give me a medication that will help with the thyroid problem. Which I'm hoping will clear up my irregular cycles.


My Upcoming appointments:

Endocrinologist: June 27 at 12:30

MRI- has to be done before the 19th of June
I'm in the middle of getting authorization from the insurance company

Obgyn Appointment: June 30 at 10:30 am
hopefully to get provera to get my period because it didn't come this month
an upcoming review on Pregnitude is coming up soon

***Once I start the medication for my thyroid I will review it and tell how it helped my problems.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment